Areas of Practice:
Litigation, Divorce, Mediation, Personal Injury
Jim Remington draws on years of experience and countless successes to aid his clients in a variety of different matters. His focus is on litigation. A passionate advocate as well as a level headed negotiator in issues concerning personal injury, accidents, and business litigation, he is also very adept at advising persons in crisis, be it in criminal, family, or financial matters. Such expertise has not gone unnoticed; he has received the highest peer ranking from Martindale and Hubbell for over fifteen years.
Jim is originally from Madison, Wisconsin, but has spent the majority of his life in New Richmond. He is very active in the community, serving on and supporting many civic organizations throughout the years. He is a proud father of four children and seven grandchildren.
He is a proud veteran, serving as lieutenant junior grade during the Vietnam War, and is a lifetime member of the VFW and Vietnam Veterans of America. Jim spends his evenings and weekends participating in group bike rides, group runs and cross-country skiing.
- University of Minnesota (Juris Doctor, 1975)
- University of Wisconsin– Madison (Bachelor of Arts with Distinction in Mathematics, 1970)
- University of Minnesota Law School Misdemeanor Clinic (Student Director 1975)
- Phi Kappa Phi (1968)
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Wisconsin (1978-present)
- Minnesota (1975-2010)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin (1979) and Minnesota (1975)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Professional Recognition and Memberships:
- Member and Past President, St. Croix Bar Association
- Martindale and Hubbell, AV-rating (highest peer-review rating)
- Founding member and past president, New Richmond Rotary Club (1987-2013)
- Member, Five Loaves Food & Clothing Center Board of Directors (2005-2014)
- Member, New Richmond Running Club
- Member, Twin Cities Cycling Club
- Finisher, American Birkebeiner (1978-present); Finisher, Chequamegon Fat Tire (2008-present);
- Finisher, Ore to Shore Bicycle Race (2012) among other events
- Member, University of Wisconsin, W-Club, Golf-Captain (1969-1970)